The mission of the Center for Internships and Career Development in the College of Liberal Arts is to facilitate experiential and career development programs on behalf of students, faculty, and departments.
These programs incorporate internships and volunteer opportunities, community-based learning, career development and exploration tools, as well as career advising.
We believe that experiential learning opportunities, in tandem with integrative career advising:
- Encourage students to “think outside the box,” by realizing the value and significance of hands-on, applied learning experiences and career exploration.
- Allow students to clarify career goals and develop a sense of civic and campus engagement and cultural responsibility.
- Enhance the student’s academic course of study.
- Involve strong community partnerships, linking students and faculty with sites whose needs are relevant to their program or course objectives, and facilitating communication between community organizations and the College of Liberal Arts, as well as Temple University in general.
- Encourage students to fully realize how the broad set of skills associated with their major academic disciplines prepares them for a variety of opportunities in the professional world.
It’s never too early to get involved with experiential learning. Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior… there are experiences ready to be had, as well as other courses and skills that will enhance your academic and career goals.
- Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance Job Bank
- Greater Philadelphia Environmental Network
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Institute
- Job Application Center
- Job Training Place
- Leadership Development
For the liberal arts student, the opportunities are endless…
- Work for a newspaper or with local/regional TV/radio stations
- Do a placement at a Philly sports team
- Work with community organizations to address social issues
- Intern with a local, state, or federal government agency
- Get involved with archiving, conservation, and historic preservation at a museum
- Do research, analysis, and advocacy for a policy watchdog
- Work and learn directly with the top executives at communications and ad agencies
- Be an administrative intern in a Human Resources department
- Intern with a law office or law-oriented organization
- Hear from CLA Interns -