London: The City in English Culture
Application Deadline For Summer 2017:
February 15, 2017
The Department of English offers a two-course, six-credit Summer study abroad opportunity which is open to any undergraduate in the university who is interested in the arts, culture, and diversity.
Embark on this exciting study abroad program for the opportunity to:
- Deepen and broaden your knowledge of English and world literature, culture, and history by studying in one of the world’s great cities.
- Study in small classes.
The four courses being offered in Summer 2017 are:
- English 0822 | Shakespeare at the Movies (3 credits) Instructor: Srimati Mukherjee For Temple students, English 0822 is a GenEd Arts (GA) course.
- English 0834 | Representing Race (3 credits) or English 0934 | Honors Representing Race (3 credits) Instructor: Steve Newman For Temple students, English 0834 and for Temple Honors students, English 0934 are GenEd Race and Diversity (GD) courses.
- English 2202 | Introduction to English Literature, 1660-1900 (3 credits): Fulfills a required survey for the English major and can also be used for the minor and as an upper-level humanities requirement for social science majors in CLA. Instructor: Steve Newman
- English 3711 | Intermediate Film (3 credits) or Film and Media Arts 3680 | Foreign Studies in FMA (3 credits): Fulfills one of the 3 3000-level electives required for the major and can also be used for the minor and as an upper-level humanities requirement for social science majors in CLA. Instructor: Srimati Mukherjee
Temple students who successfully complete (with a C- or better) credit-bearing coursework worth at least three semester hours in this program will satisfy the World Society (GG) requirement.