Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies is a small, close-knit program where students receive individual attention from faculty. Our goal is to help our students become leaders while following their unique passions and interests. The program also hosts many on-campus events in collaborations with other programs at Temple.
An Honest Approach
The Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies program provides students with sensitivity of mind and a freedom of thought to think about issues pertaining to gender, race, sexuality, class, age, disability, nationality and other pertinent issues. We encourage and challenge our students to make connections and come to a deeper understanding of the world around them.
- BA in Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies
- Minor in Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies
- Minor in LGBT Studies
- Undergraduate Certificate in Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies
- 4+1 Dual Degree: Gender, Sexuality and Women’s Studies (B.A.) + Adult & Organizational Development (M.Ed.)
- 4+1 Dual Degree: Gender, Sexuality and Women’s Studies (BA) + Urban Education (M.Ed.)
Gender, Sexuality and Women’s Studies Certificate of Specialization
The Certificate of Specialization is designed for students outside the College of Liberal Arts who want to pursue a Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies-oriented career. Four courses are required for the certificate: Intro to Women’s Studies (1096), Field Work (4389), and 2 electives, at least one of which must be at the upper level.
Jewish Women’s Studies Certificate
Temple also has a specialized certificate in Jewish Women’s Studies that is administered jointly with the Reconstructionist Rabbinical College and Kolot, its Center for Jewish Women’s and Gender Studies.