May and August 2014 Graduates
If you are planning to graduate in May or August 2014 you must apply for graduation through Self Service Banner. However, first you must follow these instructions to make sure your anticipated graduation date is correct:
- Logon to TUportal
- Select the Student Tools tab
- In the Records section, select Student Status
- Select the current term and click Submit–once there you should see your expected graduation date
If your anticipated graduation date is not correct please email the CLA Academic Advising Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your anticipated graduation date is correct, you should follow the instructions below to apply for May or August 2014 graduation:
- Log into TUportal
- Under TUApplications select Self Service Banner
- Click the “Student” tab
- Select “Student Records”
- Select “Apply To Graduate”
- Continue following the steps through to the application submission confirmation screen.
May 2014 Graduation Ceremony Information
Temple University’s 127th Commencement will take place on Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 10 am and the College of Liberal Arts’ Graduation Ceremony will take place on Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 4 pm. Both ceremonies will be held in the Liacouras Center and student must arrive in full academic regalia.
Visit the Commencement Website for detailed information.
University Commencement Ceremony Ticket Information
Tickets for the University Commencement Ceremony will be distributed April 21st – April 25th.
- Main campus students can pick up tickets in the College of Liberal Arts Academic Advising Center.
- Ambler campus students can pick up tickets in West Hall, Room 109.
Tickets not picked up by 4:00 p.m. on April 25th will be redistributed.
College of Liberal Arts’ Graduation Ceremony
Tickets are not required for the CLA graduation ceremony.
Students must arrive in full academic regalia at 3:00 pm at the loading dock on the left side of the Liacouras Center. CLA Staff at check in will provide instruction on the ceremony procedures.
The ceremony will begin promptly at 4:00 pm, all guest must be seated before the ceremony begins. If you or any of your guests require assistance with seating, please arrive early.
Order Your Cap and Gown
Students participating in either ceremony must arrive in full academic regalia. Students must pre-order their academic regalia here or in-person at the Main Campus Bookstore. If you are an Ambler Campus student, please contact the Ambler Bookstore at 267-468-8460 to pre-order.
Parking will be available in the Montgomery Garage, which can be entered on 11th Street between Montgomery Avenue & Berks Street. Additional parking will be available in Parking Lot 9 which can be entered from Cecil B. Moore Avenue.
A professional photographer will photograph each graduate as they walk across the stage at the graduation ceremony. Purchasing information will be sent to you from the photographer after graduation.
Yearbooks will be distributed at the CLA graduation ceremony. For students not attending they can pick these up at the CLA advising center.
Final Transcript & Diploma
You will be notified upon examination of your academic history, if it is determined that you have not met the requirements for your degree. You must check your Temple email in the event we have to contact you about your graduation status.
Should your degree be awarded and there are no holds on your student record:
- your official transcript can be ordered from the Office of the University Registrar. Please click here to order your official transcript.
- the Office of the University Registrar will mail your diploma to the address listed on the graduation application. It will take approximately eight weeks after the degree has been awarded to receive your diploma.