We encourage students to apply to participate in a credit-bearing internship.
About the Internship Program
The internship program in Geography and Urban Studies and Environmental Studies seeks to provide an opportunity for students to apply their skills and knowledge in a work setting that utilizes their academic training.
Students have participated in internships across a variety of fields including local consulting firms, planning agencies, private companies, non-profits, and various state, local and federal agencies of government. These opportunities have helped students secure employment. The internship is complemented by a seminar in which students discuss their experiences.
For more information about receiving credit for an internship, contact the Internship Coordinator of this department, Dr. Max Andrucki (email@example.com) for more details and for information on possible internship sites and visit the departments Internship Group on Blackboard. Another resource for internships is the College of Liberal Arts Center for Internships and Career Development.
- Junior year status (60 completed credits)
- 3.0 GPA
- Approval from the Internship Coordinator
Recent internships obtained by GUS and ES students:
- Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission (DVRPC)
- Energy Coordinating Agency
- City of Philadelphia Mayor’s Office of Community Empowerment & Opportunity
- Philadelphia Committee to End Homelessness
- Philadelphia City Planning Commission
- United Nations Environment Programme: Nairobi, Kenya
- Asociacion Puertoriqueños en Marca