The department is excited to welcome Peter Lavelle as an Assistant Professor of History. This fall, look for his courses on Asian Environmental History (History 2680, Section 001) and Contemporary China! (History 3522). He received his Ph.D. in Chinese history from Cornell University in 2012. In 2013-2014, he was postdoctoral research fellow at the Institute of Modern History at Academia Sinica, in Taipei, Taiwan. His research interests include environmental and agricultural history in early modern and modern China. He is currently writing a book about agricultural and geographical thought and practice in Qing imperialism in nineteenth-century China.
- Women, Gender, and Sexuality: Tenure-Track Assistant Professorship Position
- Meet Amira Rose Davis: Temple Alumna Who Found Her Calling
- Meet Olivia D’Aiutolo: Temple Alumna Dangerous with Flintlock
- Meet alumnus Matthew Daley: writer of the Lantern City comic book series and the upcoming The Not-So Secret Society
- Meet Jon Crider, a current PhD Candidate