Meet Heather Ryan Flaherty. After graduating from Temple with a BA in History in 2000, she went on to earn her Master of Library and Information Science degree from a nearby university (that shall remain nameless). Now she does healthcare research for a market research firm in the Philadelphia suburbs. Not only does she appreciate the research skills she honed in the history department, she has fond memories of her time here. She especially enjoyed the walking tour of Philadelphia that Dr. Allen Davis led. But the highlight of her Temple career has to be the trip that she and nine other students took to Germany. The photo shows Heather and the group with Dr. Lockenour at the Philly airport about to head off for three weeks in Germany – fully funded by the German Academic Exchange Service, Temple’s College of Liberal Arts, and the William Penn Foundation! That is Heather in the front row on the left. The trip was amazing, and Heather is still in touch with many of the friends that she made both on the trip and just in the history department in general.
- Women, Gender, and Sexuality: Tenure-Track Assistant Professorship Position
- Meet Amira Rose Davis: Temple Alumna Who Found Her Calling
- Meet Olivia D’Aiutolo: Temple Alumna Dangerous with Flintlock
- Meet alumnus Matthew Daley: writer of the Lantern City comic book series and the upcoming The Not-So Secret Society
- Meet Jon Crider, a current PhD Candidate