UncategorizedMeet Alumnus Gregory Stoloski

Blog

Stoloski Gregory

Meet Alumnus Gregory Stoloski

College of Liberal Arts – History – Class of 2006

College of Education – Secondary Education (Social Studies) – Class of 2007

Occupation: Teacher – Secondary Education, Social Studies, Pennsbury High School (Fairless Hills, PA)

Getting students to not only value the study of history but to gain through it practical skills and a greater understanding of the world past and present is all about how the content is approached. I don’t aim to simply teach my students about what happened in the past, that’s never been the point of studying History.  The course of study in Temple University’s History Department enshrined in me what I try to open my students to, that the study of the course history has taken, whatever your major area of focus, is a much greater exploration into where we are now, and where we might go reached by the analysis of the motivations, causes, consequences, and interaction of us as individuals, societies, governments, and states.  When you realize this, the course of study becomes like so many other fields based on questions, hypotheses, analysis, and the need to assess and reassess the conclusions we reach and what we draw from them.  As a teacher I engage with history to pursue this process of discovery on my own and inspire my students to do the same.