Local Field Interviewers (Brooklyn, NY)
Temple University's Institute for Survey Research is currently seeking Field Interviewers in the Brooklyn, NY area to work on the latest installment of the National Evaluation of Community Based Violence Prevention Program funded by the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention. The starting rate for this project is $15 per hour with performance incentives. Field interviewers will interview residents of Crown Heights and Bedford–Stuyvesant (Bed-Stuy). Data Collection will take place from mid January through the end of February. Full-time and part time hours are available and weekend shifts are mandatory.
NO PHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED. PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME TO: email@example.com.
Field Interviewer Job Description
Field Interviewers will be responsible for traveling to participant's homes in an assigned area and conducting research interviews with randomly selected participants using a laptop computer or tablet provided by ISR. There will be a required training for this position in early January 2014 in our Philadelphia office. Travel fees will be paid to the training location.
Bilingual Spanish/English candidates are encouraged to apply!
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND DUTIES
- Complete interviews with respondents using standardized interviewing techniques and persuasion skills.
- Accurately and legibly document, complete ,and submit all associated study materials, such as questionnaires, consent forms, timesheets, travel advances and expense reports, in a timely fashion.
- Ability to maintain the security and confidentially of all data.
- Ability to speak and communicate well with the public including effective communication through speech and listening.
- Ability to present research study goals and objectives in a professional and ethical manner.
- Adhere to all project deadlines.
- Availability to work required hours as specified and mutually agreed upon at the time of hiring.
- Ability to maintain appropriate communication with supervisor via daily electronic and telephone communication.
- Access to and ability to use personal automobile for business purposes (except for locations with efficient public transportation systems)
- Effective consideration and implementation of appropriate attire and footwear for entering the field, which promotes professionalism, safety and comfort.
- Travel as required for project-related purposes.
- Ability to adjust to the environment outdoors and weather conditions as encountered.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs (various numbers of flights) as needed.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 15 pounds door-to-door of project-related equipment/materials
- Ability to adapt to various social environments and areas.
- Receive, conduct and complete refusal conversion interviews.
- Conduct pretest interviews and provide feedback to project staff.
- Recruit focus group and pretest participants
- Display good teamwork skills and a willingness to continually improve performance.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Graduate from high school or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Familiarity with laptop computer or tablet.
- Available, reliable transportation and a valid driver's license.
- Quality of voice that will enable respondents to hear the questions read in a uniform way.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision to meet deadlines.
- Receptive to monitoring and constructive feedback from supervisors to improve quality of interviews and interviewing techniques.
- Flexible schedule that will allow attendance at training and a work schedule that includes work during the evenings and on weekends. Some daytime work would be required as well.
- Willingness to complete other interviewing tasks as assigned.