All M.S. applicants must meet the requirements for admission listed below.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2017
Please visit our Application Instructions page for more information on how to apply.
- Coursework Required for Admission Consideration: Bachelor’s degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: Admission to the MS program will require a bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) in one of the following disciplines:
- Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics
- Human Movement Science
- Public Health
Other relevant disciplines, combined with or including course work in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics/Statistics, Neuroscience, Physics, and/or Psychology may be accepted after an individual evaluation of the applicant’s qualifications.
- Undergraduate GPA: Temple University’s Graduate School requires a minimum grade point average of 3.2 in undergraduate work for unconditional admission to the program.
- Letters of recommendation: 3 Letters of recommendation should be obtained from college/university faculty who are familiar with applicant’s academic abilities.
- Standardized Test Scores: The GRE is not required. International students are required to submit a TOEFL score (minimum score of 88 iBT or 575 PBT)
- International applicants should consult the page at http://www.temple.edu/grad/admissions/international.htm to make sure that they meet the requirements for degree equivalency listed there.
All completed applications are reviewed. If you do not meet one or more of the admission requirements (e.g., lacking a lab course; a GRE score below the minimum) your application, if complete, will be reviewed.
Admissions and Inquiries:
Student Services Specialist | Neuroscience Program
Director, Neuroscience Program:
Dr. Vinay Parikh
Associate Director, Master’s Program in Neuroscience:
Dr. Debra Bangasser