The purpose of Nu Rho Psi is to:
- Encourage professional interest and excellence in scholarship, particularly in neuroscience
- Award recognition to students who have achieved such excellence in scholarship
- Advance the discipline of neuroscience
- Encourage intellectual and social interaction between students, faculty, and professionals in neuroscience and related fields
- Promote career development in neuroscience and related fields
- Increase public awareness of neuroscience and its benefits for the individual and society
- Encourage service to the community.
What are the benefits of membership?
The first and foremost benefit of Nu Rho Psi membership is the honor and recognition of academic excellence. Almost all graduate schools and employers ask for a list of honors. Membership in Nu Rho Psi is a way of building these credentials. Members receive membership certificates and lapel pins as an indications of the honor. Beyond this, Nu Rho Psi membership is a springboard for the networking of like-minded colleagues interested in the study of the brain. As the Society transitions to a regional structure over the next few years, there will be regional and national meetings where neuroscientists form around the country will gather to share scientific findings. News and information will be available to members via the Nu Rho Psi online newsletter.
Questions about joining the Temple University Chapter of Nu Rho Psi?
On November 1, Professor David Waxler presented the annual Neuroscience Halloween Talk, co-sponsored by Nu Rho Psi, the Undergraduate Neuroscience Society, and Hoot Paranormal.
This year’s talk: ‘Alien Abductions, Succubae, and Shadow People: Paranormal or Neurological?’
Pictures from the event are below!