Assistant Professor of Philosophy
Anderson Hall 746
Ph.D., University of Toronto
Owen Ware works in ethics and the history of ethics, with a focus on Kant and post-Kantian philosophy. He was a graduate fellow at the Jackman Humanities Institute, and a post-doctoral fellow through the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council. For the 2012-2013 academic year he will be a faculty fellow at the Center for Humanities at Temple.
Dr. Ware’s articles have appeared in journals such as Philosophy and Phenomenological Research, theEuropean Journal of Philosophy, and Critical Inquiry. He is currently developing a series of papers on Kant’s meta-ethics and moral psychology.
For a full list of publications, and CV, see Dr. Ware’s website: http://sites.temple.edu/owen/
- Contemporary Ethical Theory
- Introduction to Ethical Theory
- Graduate Seminar in Kant’s Ethics
Publications and CV
- 2009. The Duty of Self-Knowledge Philosophy and Phenomenological Research 79 (3): 671-698.
- 2010. Fichte’s Voluntarism European Journal of Philosophy 18 (2): 262-282.
- Forthcoming. (with Don Ainslie) “Self-Consciousness and Personal Identity,” in The Routledge Companion to Eighteenth Century Philosophy, ed. Aaron Garrett.
A full list of publications and CV can be found on Dr. Ware’s website.