Associate Professor; Internship Training Director
Psychotherapy; supervision; clinical training; context-centered psychotherapy
Dr. Robert Fauber is a licensed clinical psychologist with an interest in psychotherapy process, training, supervision, and research. He serves as associate director of clinical training in the doctoral program in clinical psychology, where he also directs the graduate admissions process and is a core clinical supervisor in the clinical program’s Psychological Services Center. In addition, Dr. Fauber serves as Director of Training for the Temple University Clinical Psychology Internship Consortium, a fully accredited pre-doctoral internship in clinical psychology housed administratively within the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, in collaboration with the Psychology Department. The internship focuses on the integration of applied psychotherapy research training with the provision of outpatient psychiatry services within an urban hospital setting serving a primarily disadvantaged and traditionally underserved urban community.
- Fauber, R.L. (2006). Graduate admissions in clinical psychology: Observations on the present and thoughts on the future. Clinical Psychology: Science and Practice, 13, 227-234.
- Efran, J.S., & Fauber, R.L. (1995) Radical constructivism: Questions and answers. In R. Neimeyer and M. Mahoney (Eds.), Constructivism in psychotherapy. (pp. 274-304). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Montesi, J.L., Fauber, R.L., Gordon, E.A., Heimberg, R.G. (2011). The specific importance of communicating about sex to couples’ sexual and overall relationship satisfaction. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, 28, 591-609.
- Fauber, R.L., & Long, N. (1991). Children in context: The role of the family in child psychotherapy. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 59, 813-820.
- Fauber, R., & Kendall, P. (1992). Children and families: Integrating the focus of interventions. Journal of Psychotherapy Integration, 2, 107-123.
- Clinical Practicum (graduate)
- Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy: Scientific and Professional
- Dimensions (graduate)
- Psychopathology (undergraduate)
- Introduction to Psychology (undergraduate)