A Conference on Nôm Studies
April 11-12, 2008
Gladfelter Hall, 10th Floor
Center for Vietnamese Philosophy, Culture & Society
Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19122
- Some issues in Nôm studies, by Nguyễn Tài Cẩn, Moscow, Russia. Vietnamese version & English version.
- Comments on demotic characters through Lục Vân Tiên, by Nguyễn Quảng Tuân, Ho Chi Minh City. Received January 17, 2008.
- Earliest evidence of Nôm ideograms in recorded history, by Prof. Dr.Sci. Nguyễn Quang Hồng, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- The Possibility of Proto-Nôm in Medical Texts from the Warring States Era through the Early Independent Việt States c. 300 BCE-1000 CE., by C. Michele Thompson, Southern Connecticut State University.
- Chữ Nôm Dao in Việt Nam: The Study and Sustainability of a Traditional Script, by Bradley C. Davis, Department of History, University of Washington at Seattle.
- Textual issues in Đại Việt Sử ký toàn thư [A complete history of Dai Viet], by Ngô Thanh Nhàn (Temple University) & Ngô Trung Việt (Institute of Informatics), Lê Văn Cường, Tô Trọng Đức & Lương Thị Hạnh (Nôm Na Group, Hà Nội).
- The connective word-tool là in the Vietnamese classical language, by Jean Claude Ginhoux, Institut des Langues et Civilisations Orientales, Paris, France.
- "Tự Điển Chữ Nôm Trích Dẫn" or the first Nôm dictionary on historical principles, by Nguyễn Ngọc Bích, Indochina Center, George Mason University.
- Building an ideographic recursive knowledge base and the ideographic repertoire for the Vietnamese Nôm script, by Ngô Thanh Giang & Tô Trọng Đức (Nôm Na Group, Hà Nội), Ngô Thanh Nhàn (Temple University) & Ngô Trung Việt (Institute of Informatics).
- Did Nôm Script Play Any Role in the Dissemination of Quốc ngữ? — A Reappraisal of the role of Nôm characters during the scriptural transitional period from Hán and Nôm to Quốc ngữ, by Dr. Nguyễn Nam, Harvard-Yenching Institute.
- Classical theater Tuồng can be considered an important literary activity of the south during the Nguyễn feudal lords in the XVII-XVIIIth Centuries, by Phan Anh Dũng, Thừa Thiên–Huế Center for Information Technology, Vietnam.