A Conference on Nôm Studies
April 11-12, 2008
Gladfelter Hall, 10th Floor
Center for Vietnamese Philosophy, Culture & Society
Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19122
- Some issues in Nôm studies, by Nguyễn Tài Cẩn, Moscow, Russia. Vietnamese version & English version.
- Comments on demotic characters through Lục Vân Tiên, by Nguyễn Quảng Tuân, Ho Chi Minh City. Vietnamese version & English version.
- Earliest evidence of Nôm ideograms in recorded history [in Vietnamese] by Prof. Dr.Sci. Nguyễn Quang Hồng, Hanoi, Vietnam. Slide presentation in English (3 MB).
- Three writing systems in the Vietnamese philology [in Vietnamese] by Prof. Dr.Sci. Nguyễn Quang Hồng, Hanoi, Vietnam. Slide presentation in English (5 MB).
- Chữ Nôm Dao in Việt Nam: The Study and Sustainability of a Traditional Script, by Bradley C. Davis, Department of History, University of Washington at Seattle.
- The connective word-tool là in the Vietnamese classical language, by Jean Claude Ginhoux, Institut des Langues et Civilisations Orientales, Paris, France.
- "Tự Điển Chữ Nôm Trích Dẫn" or the first Nôm dictionary on historical principles, by Prof. Nguyễn Ngọc Bích, Indochina Center, George Mason University.
- Some issues in building a Nôm ideographic "alphabet" list , by Ngô Thanh Nhàn (New York University) & Ngô Trung Việt (Institute of Informatics), Ngô Thanh Giang & Tô Trọng Đức (Nôm Na Group, Hà Nội), Lê Mai Phương. Appendix A: A Nôm ideographeme list.
- Did Nôm Script Play Any Role in the Dissemination of Quốc ngữ? — A Reappraisal of the role of Nôm characters during the scriptural transitional period from Hán and Nôm to Quốc ngữ, by Dr. Nguyễn Nam, Harvard-Yenching Institute.
- Classical theater Tuồng can be considered an important literary activity of the south during the Nguyễn feudal lords in the XVII-XVIIIth Centuries, by Phan Anh Dũng, Thừa Thiên–Huế Center for Information Technology, Vietnam.
- A review of research in the development of chữ Nôm, by Trần Trọng Dương, Office of Nôm Resources, Institute of Hán Nôm Research, Hà Nội.
- Nôm ideograms on steles: a preliminary observation, by Nguyễn Thị Hường, Research Assistant, Institute of Hán Nôm Research, Hà Nội.