- Dissertation: The Presence and Use of the Native American Oral Trickster Tradition in Zitkala-Sa’s Old Indian Legends and American Indian Stories, and the Presence and Use of the African American Oral Trickster Tradition in Charles Chesnutt’s The Conjure Woman.
- Job Placement: Associate Professor of Developmental English, Gloucester Community College.
- Dissertation: Spaces In Motion: The Dynamic Cartography of the Contemporary African Novel.
- Job Placement: Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of South Florida
- Dissertation: Late Modernist Schizophrenia: From Phenomenology to Cultural Pathology.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor of English, East Stroudsburg University
- Dissertation: Fiction on the Radio: Remediating Transnational Modernism.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor of English, University of Nevada at Reno
- Dissertation: American Multitudes: Immunity and Contagion at the Turn of the Century.
- Job Placement: Adjunct Faculty in English, Penn State University, Abington
- Dissertation: “Hey! That’s My Phallus!”: Remythologizing Misogyny in Lawrence, Ballard and Lentricchia.
- Job Placement: Educational Testing Service
- Dissertation: Spaces of Religious Retreat in Seventeenth Century Literature and Culture.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor of English, Hesston College.
- Dissertation: From Buddy Film to Bromance: Masculinity and Male Melodrama Since 1969.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor of Writing Arts, Rowan University, Glassboro
- Dissertation: Milton and Messianic Time.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor, Department of Writing Arts, Rowan University
- Dissertation: The Conceptions of Literacy of New Graduate Instructors Teaching Composition.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor of English, Pace University.
- Dissertation: Realism in Pain: Literary and Social Constructions of Victorian Pain in the Age of Anaesthesia 1846-1870.
- Job Placement: Adjunct Faculty in English, Rowan University.
- Dissertation: Transnational Translation: Foreign Language in the Travel Writing of Cooper, Melville, and Twain.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor of English, University of Central Oklahoma.
- Dissertation: On the Question of the Human: A General Economy of Contemporary Tastes.
- Job Placement: Adjunct Faculty, Temple University.
- Dissertation: Caliban’s Victorian Children: Racial Negotiations from Emancipation to Jubilee.
- Job Placement: Adjunct Faculty, Montclair State University
- Dissertation Title: Suggestive Silences: Sexuality and the Aesthetic Novel.
- Job Placement: Publishing Assistant, Riverdale Ave Books, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Manhattan College.
- Dissertation Title: Demonstrating Scientific Taste: Aesthetic Judgment, Scientific Ethos, and Nineteenth Century American Science.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor of English, York College.
- Dissertation Title: The Politics of Multiculturalism & the Politics of Friendship.
- Job Placement: Assistant Writing Center Coordinator, New Jersey City University.
- Dissertation Title: The Multicultural Megalopolis: African-American Subjectivity and Identity in Contemporary Harlem Fiction.
- Job Placement: Assistant Prof of English, SUNY Rockland.
- Dissertation Title: The Girl Gang: Women Writers of the New York City Beat Community.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor of English, Montclair State University.
- Dissertation Title: Panic at the British Borderlands: The Great God Pan, Victorian Sexuality, and Sacred Space in the Works of Arthur Machen.
- Job Placement: Adjunct Faculty, LaSalle University.
- Dissertation Title: Metatheatricality on the Renaissance Stage.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor of English (NTT), Montclair State University.
- Dissertation Title: What the Angel in the House Wrought: Destructive Mothers in Works by Thomas Hardy and Henry James.
- Job Placement: Full-time teacher at private school.
- Dissertation Title: Regular Wild Irish: Race, Ethnicity, and Identity in Irish American Fiction.
- Job Placement: Lecturer, Kean University.
- Dissertation Title: Writing Against Erasure: Native American Boarding School Students and the Periodical Press, 1880-1920.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor of English, SUNY College at Old Westbury.
- Dissertation Title: Making an Avant-Garde Composition: Intersections of Composition Theory and Innovative Poetics.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor, Queensborough Community College, CUNY.
- Dissertation Title: Intertexts with Surrealism in 20th Century U.S. Poetics.
- Job Placement: Senior Lecturer, Writing, University of the Arts.
- Dissertation Title: A Rip in the Social Fabric Revolution, Industrial Workers of the World, and the Paterson Silk Strike of 1913 in American Literature, 1908-1927.
- Job Placement: Adjunct Faculty, Community College of Philadelphia.
Algie Vincent Williams
- Dissertation Title: Patterns in the Parables: Black Female Agency and Octavia Butler’s Construction of Black Womanhood.
- Job Placement: Adjunct Faculty, Drexel University.
- Dissertation Title: Selective Memory: Victorian Periodical Receptions of Eighteenth-Century and Romantic Novels.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor, Coker College.
- Dissertation Title: Wandering: Seeing the Cinema of Wim Wenders Through Cultural Theory and Naturalized Phenomenology.
- Job Placement: Temple English Dept. (FYW).
Margaret J. Godbey
- Dissertation Title: Vying for Authority: Realism, Myth, and the Painter in British Literature, 1800-1855.
- Job placement: Assistant Professor of English and Coordinator of English Education Concentration in the Department of Communication, Language and Literature, Coker College.
- Dissertation Title: A Perfect Knowledge of Our Own Tongue: Language Use and Learning in Philadelphia, 1750-1830.
Job Placement: Assistant Professor of English, The New Community College at CUNY.
- Dissertation Title: Modern Reinterpretations of the Cuckold.
- Job Placement: Lecturer, Holy Family University.
- Dissertation Title: Theorizing and Performing Socio-Political Representation: Harriet Wilson, Harriet Jacobs, and Pauline Hopkins.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor of English, Salisbury University.
- Dissertation Title: Rhythmic Literacy: Poetry, Reading and Public Voices in Black Atlantic Poetics.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor, Penn State Erie, The Behrend College.
- Dissertation Title: The Music of the Spheres: Music and the Gendered Mind in Nineteenth-Century Britain.
Job Placement: Assistant Professor in the Intellectual Heritage Program (Teaching/Instructional), Temple University.
- Dissertation Title: Three Classroom Environments and Their Effect on Teacher Candidates’ Conceptions of Literacy and Community During the Practicum Semester.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor, Kutztown University.
- Dissertation Title: A Nation in Sight: Visual Technology and Literary Culture in the Early United States.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor, St. Bonaventure University.
- Dissertation Title: Composition, Rhetoric, and Literacies in Architecture Studio Classes.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor in the Department of Writing and Rhetoric Department, Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan.
- Dissertation Title: The Form of Talk: A Study of the Dialogue Novel.
- Job Placement: Assistant Director of Undergrad Studies & Adjunct Faculty, School of Computers and Engineering, Temple University.
- Dissertation Title: From Poe to Auster: Literary Experimentation in the Detective Story Genre.
- Job Placement: Instructional Faculty, Temple University.
- Dissertation Title: Literacy Practices of Student-Athletes: The Ethics of Repetition, Surveillance and Breakdown.
- Job Placement: Independent entrepreneur of Pocket Literacy Coach, see http://midventures.com/2011/03/02/pocket-literacy-coach-tackles-illiteracy-with-a-text-message/ .
- Dissertation Title: “Free from Any Other Meaning”: Truth and Politics in the Rhetoric of Elizabeth I.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor, Director of Composition, and Director of the Plassmann Writing Center, St. Bonaventure University.
- Dissertation Title: Room for Possibilities: James Joyce and the Rhetorical Work of Fiction
- Job Placement: Lecturer, Yasar University, Turkey.
- Dissertation Title: Representations of the Nation Through Corporeal Narrativity in Contemporary Multicultural British Fiction.
- Job Placement: Instructional Faculty, Temple English Dept.
- Dissertation Title: Badiou’s Inaesthetics and the Modern Dilemma.
- Job Placement: Visiting Professor, San Francisco Art Institute.
- Dissertation Title: The Lady Critic: Women of Letters and Critical Authority in British Periodicals, 1854–1908.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor (Teaching/Instructional), Intellectual Heritage Program, Temple U.
- Dissertation Title: Imaginative Thanatopsis: Death and the 19th-Century American Subject.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor, University of Charleston.
- Dissertation Title: Difference and the Reality of Fiction in a Theoretical World: Beckett, Resnais, and Deleuze.
- Job Placement: Associate Professor and Graduate Coordinator in the School of Architecture, Louisiana State University.
- Dissertation Title: Reading the English Revolution: The Literature and Politics of Typological Interpretation.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor of English, Framingham State University.
- Dissertation Title: Visions and Revisions of the National Past in the British Country-House Novel, 1900-2001.
- Job Placement: Writing Instructor, Rutgers University, Camden.
- Dissertation Title: Traumas of the Middle Passage: The Foundations of Narrative and Political Discourse in 19th-Century African American Literature.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor, Dickinson College.
- Dissertation Title: Forging Connections: Development of Academic Argument in First Year Honors Students’ Writing.
- Job Placement: Associate Director of Academic and Learning Support Services, La Salle University.
- Dissertation Title: Genre Pleasures: Restructing Narrative Thresholds and the Coming Out of the North American (English-Canadian and U.S.) Lesbian Romance Film.
- Job Placement: Visiting Assistant Professor, Temple University.
- Dissertation Title: An American Drama: Fictional Representations of Interracial Desire, 1894-2003.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor and Associate Director of Creative Writing, Indiana University, Bloomington.
- Dissertation Title: “We Rest Our Legs, But Never Our Mouth”: Africanisms and the African-American Literary Tradition.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor, University of District Columbia.
- Dissertation Title: The Theatre of the Real: Yeats, Beckett and Sondheim.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor at Community College of Philadelphia. Dr. Mackenzie also hosts the Philadelphia Cultural Forum on Channel 53, CCPTV, a program designed to highlight local artists and bring their work out to the community.
Dissertation Title: The Public Intellectual Work of Allen Ginsberg.
Job Placement: Regional Dir. for Humanities, Ministry of Education, Ireland.
- Dissertation Title: The Invented Language: John Foxe, Edmund Spenser, and the Rhetorical Development of English as a Genre of Heritage in the Sixteenth Century.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor, Bryn Athyn College.
- Dissertation Title: “A New Band of Pilgrims”: Fin de Siècle British Women Writers’ Political Reformation of the Conversion Narrative.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor, Franklin & Marshall College.
- Dissertation Title: The Great Yearning – The Perennial Philosophy as a Paradigm for Literary Theory: With Examples from Modern Literature.
- Job Placement: Associate Professor, Fayetteville State University, North Carolina.
- Dissertation Title: Reconstructing the Past: Voice and Visions of History in American Literature, 1876-1886.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor of English, Fitchburg State College, MA.
- Dissertation Title: First semester: Comp, Grad Students and Arendtian Beginnings.
- Job Placement: Associate Professor, Montclair State University.
- Dissertation Title: Practical Ambivalence: Don DeLillo and the Political Economy of the Sign.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor, Montgomery County Community College.
- Dissertation Title: Writing for a Cause: The English Woman’s Journal and Women’s Work, 1858-1864.
- Job Placement: Professor of English and Director of the Honors Program, Cerro Coso CC, California.
- Dissertation Title: Quilting the Race: The Colored American Magazine, Pauline Elizabeth Hopkins, and the African-American Family, 1900-1905.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor, Rowan College.
- Dissertation Title: Exaltation and Lament: Edna Ferber’s American Jeremiads.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor, Madison Area Technical College (Wisconsin).
- Dissertation Title: Go Home Young Man: The Domestication of the American Hero in Post-Regan Novels and Films.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor, SUNY Nassau Community College.
Kerry Sherin Wright
- Dissertation Title: Metric Masculinities: Constructions of Masculinity in T.S. Eliot’s Early Poems and Prose.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor and Founding Director of the Philadelphia Alumni Writers House, Franklin & Marshall College.
- Dissertation Title: Imaginary Revolutions: Frustrated Form in Women’s Poetry and Novels of the Romantic Period.
- Job Placement: Editor, Houghton Mifflin.
- Dissertation Title: “Raids on the Inarticulate”: Modernist Scenes of Composition.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor of English, St. Mary’s College of Maryland.
- Dissertation Title: “Play with the Stories a Little While”: Mobility of Mind in Short Fictions by Charlotte Perkins Gilman, Kate Chopin, George Egerton and Sarah Grand.
- Job Placement: Professor and Director of the Paul Peck Humanities Institute, Montgomery College, MD.
- Dissertation Title: Subtle Technology and Student Writers: The Ambient Influence of Technological Myths on Communicators.
- Job Placement: Associate Professor of English and Director of the Writing Center and Writing Across the Curriculum, Drexel University.
- Dissertation Title: Disorientations: Recovering the Aesthetic in Queer Studies.
- Job Placement: Assistant Professor, Community College of Philadelphia.
- Dissertation Title: Form and Reform: Transatlantic Dialogues 1824-1905.
- Job Placement: Pew Foundation; Head Editor and Writer, Creative Conzepts; Manager, Content Quality, Electronic Ink, Inc.
- Dissertation Title: Jane’s Heirs: Hollywood (Re)Makes the Classics, 1930-1945.
- Job Placement: Towers Perrin Associates, Philadelphia; Proposal Manager, HP.
- Dissertation Title: The Phosphorescent Pool of Idealism and the Blinding Headlight of Realism: Henry Blake Fuller and Art in America.
- Job Placement: Director of Teaching and Learning, Danish Institute for Study Abroad.
- Dissertation Title: Making Flesh Word: Baroque Modernisms and Pragmatist Reconfigurations of Embodied Masculinities in Twentieth-Century United States and Cuban Literatures.
- Job Placement: Associate Professor, SUNY-Albany
- Dissertation Title: Amphibious Creatures: Essayism and Transformative Play in Walter Pater, Vernon Lee, and John Addington Symonds.
- Job Placement: Visiting Professor, Temple University; Psychotherapist in private practice, Main Line Psychotherapy.