We connect students to internships that are meaningful to them and their specific Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies interests through our fieldwork course: GSWS 4389. The course is required for the GSWS Major, and open to all students in the GSWS program and throughout the College of Liberal Arts.
What do gender, sexuality and women’s issues look like outside of the United States? Temple’s Study Abroad Office can help you explore this question through its Education Abroad programs and Overseas Campuses. Immerse yourself in another culture, and gain a world of experience that will expand your mind and teach you invaluable skills. Grow as a person, and build your resume at the same time.
- Learn More about Study Abroad opportunities.
The Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies Program has four annual undergraduate awards that honor academic and creative excellence in our students. The awards are acknowledged and celebrated by an annual formal award ceremony sponsored by the College of Liberal Arts for all undergraduate awards granted by departments in the liberal arts. Students invite faculty members to join them in their celebration, as well as family and friends. The event fosters the appreciation of both undergraduate academic achievement and mentor/student relationships.
For a complete list of departmental and college level awards and scholarships you may be eligible for, please visit the Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies Scholarships and Financial Aid page.
Stay connected and get involved with one of our student organizations!
- Queer Student Union (QSU)
- Queer People of Color (QPoC)
- Students for Trans Awareness and Rights (STAR)
- Feminist Alliance
- Queer Film Collective
- Queer Nerd Association
- Association for Computing Machinery-Women
- Association for Women in Mathematics
- Women’s Entrepreneurial Organization
- Society of Women Engineers
- Women in Medicine
- American Medical Women’s Association
- LGBTQ and Allies in Medicine
- LGBTQ and Allies in Dentistry
- National Council of Negro Women, Inc.-Temple Section
- It’s On Us