Temple University’s Institute for Survey Research has ongoing employment opportunities for Experienced Field Interviewers. Field Interviewers will make face-to-face visits to randomly selected households and conduct interviews with selected respondents using an electronic laptop. All necessary training will be provided.
- NO PHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
- PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME VIA EMAIL TO email@example.com
Bilingual Spanish/English candidates are encouraged to apply!
Field Interviewer Requirements:
- Graduate from high school or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 6 months of field interviewing experience
- Organizational skills, self-motivation, and the ability to work independently, as a team leader and team player
- Availability to work 40+ hours per week for large blocks of time, primarily evenings, and weekends
- Ability to maintain appropriate communication with supervisor via daily electronic and telephone communication.
- Ability to work in diverse communities
- Available, reliable transportation to meet the demands of the assignments. Proof of a valid driver’s license and auto insurance are - required when driving for Temple ISR field interviewing
- Ability to easily operate an electronic tablet and/or laptop and familiarity with Windows OS, spreadsheets and databases
- Access to reliable internet or Wi-Fi connection
- Ability to accurately and legibly document, complete, and submit all associated study materials, such as questionnaires, consent forms, timesheets, travel advances and expense reports, in a timely fashion
- Ability to speak and communicate well with the public
- Ability to present research study goals and objectives in a professional and ethical manner
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to lift and carry up to 15 pounds door-to-door of project-related equipment and materials
- Ability to adjust to the environment outdoors and weather conditions as encountered
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to climb stairs (various numbers of flights) as needed
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid technical training
- Travel and expense reimbursement
- Hourly pay rate of $13-$15 per hour depending on experience
Non-Temple University applicants will be employees of a third party staffing agency which ISR contracts for personnel and payroll services. Those applicants will be hired and paid directly through the payroll division of this third party.