Minor In Portuguese
Six courses (18-20 credits) numbered 1000-4999 are required. The distribution of courses depends on the individual student’s proficiency level. See the faculty advisor in Portuguese for more information.
- A maximum of two Portuguese courses at the 1000 level 0-8
- A minimum of four Portuguese courses at the 2000 level or higher 12
- Minors are awarded only at the time of completion of the bachelor’s degree and cannot be awarded either as a stand-alone program of study or after completion of the first bachelor’s degree.
- Students may substitute PORT 1021 Portuguese for Spanish Speakers or intermediate/advanced level courses for the beginning PORT 1001 and PORT 1002.
- The minor in Portuguese requires 6 courses (18 credits minimum) in Portuguese.
- Note: For the Spanish Major, up to two Portuguese courses may be taken in place of two Spanish 2000/3000-level courses.
Learn more about the Minor in Portuguese