As an incoming college freshmen, you’ll have a lot on your mind. It’s easy to lose sight of the biggest reason for getting an education when you’re juggling homework with campus life and trying to figure out where your next class is. But it’s never too early to start thinking ahead to your career. To simplify things and keep your future on your mind, the College of Liberal Arts’ Professional Development team has put together a quick checklist for new students. Don’t wait! Start thinking about checking off each item as soon as you set foot on campus.
- Learn how to create a professional resume and cover letter! Make sure you get them both reviewed by Professional Development advisors.
- Complete an internship! It’s better if you complete two! Talk to the Professional Development team about finding internships and getting credit for them!
- Build relationships with other students and faculty! Your network is going to be a valuable source of information, resources and opportunities!
- Attend career events! They’re free and designed to provide you with access to employment, internships, professional contacts and information about your career field!
- Go explore! Philadelphia has a lot to offer–from cultural events to awesome restaurants, concerts and entertainment. Get off campus and explore the city–it will be an adventure!
Handshake - An Exclusive Job Portal For Temple Owls
Your job/internship search experience just got a whole lot better with Handshake! Easily find the best jobs and internships for you with Handshake’s personalized experience.
- 200+ Professional Development Events & Career Fairs Annualy
- 200,000+ Employers Actively Recruiting On The Handshake Network
- 14,000+ Job & Internship Postings Annually for Temple Students
- 100% of Fortune 500 Companies Use Handshake
Log -In Today: Temple.Joinhandshake.com