- The +1 Master in Psychological Research offers outstanding Temple University psychology majors the opportunity to earn both the Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and the Master of Science in Psychological Research in an accelerated program requiring only two semesters of post-BA study. Admission to the program is highly selective. The program is designed to provide a research-intensive experience, advanced coursework, and professional development to students who intend to pursue doctoral studies in any of the academic psychology disciplines.
- Students apply to the program in the spring semester of the junior year after completing a minimum of 72 undergraduate credits. Additionally, students must have a faculty sponsor who has agreed to mentor the student’s master’s project research during the four-semester program.
- Students admitted to the program will complete a minimum of 30 credits during the senior year, of which 9 credits are graduate courses. These 9 credits will count toward both the BA and MS degrees. Each student will work with a faculty sponsor to develop and implement a master’s project.
- On completion of the senior year, students receive the BA in Psychology, then are formally admitted to the MS program in Psychological Research (with 9 graduate credits already completed).
- During the final year, +1 students will complete 23 graduate credits, including courses in research methods, statistics, ethics, topical seminars, a professional development seminar series, and master’s project research.
- Psychology GPA 3.67
- Overall GPA 3.67
- Academic writing sample demonstrating proficiency in academic writing appropriate for the master’s level of study
- A mentorship agreement from the faculty sponsor
Applications are due March 1st.
Student Application Materials
Assemble and submit the following materials as email attachments to email@example.com. All materials must be submitted in a single email.
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts
- +1 Application Form (download)
- Signed Faculty Sponsor Agreement (download)
- A personal statement describing the reasons for pursuing a master’s degree, current research interests, research experience, and future career goals
- An academic writing sample
Letters of Recommendation
Two letters of recommendation from Temple University faculty are required. At least one letter must be from Psychology Department faculty. Please request that faculty recommenders submit the letter as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the applicant’s full name in the subject line.
+1 Program Contact Information
Pamela Joyce Shapiro, Ph.D.
Weiss Hall, Room 521
Nicole Pileggi, M.Ed.
Weiss Hall, Room 616