Four Plus One Public Policy Degree Program

Advance your Career. Enhance your Community.

Careers in public policy include appointed public positions, consultancy roles and non-profit leadership positions that deal with budgeting and finance, economic development, environmental protection, public education, public health, social services and other policy fields. Temple alumni who already work in these fields provide important networks through which our graduates gain entrée into exciting and rewarding public policy jobs.

Upcoming Information Sessions

Main Campus
Two information sessions will be hosted at Temple’s Main Campus, on the 9th floor of Gladfelter Hall in the Russel Weigley Room (914). On each date two concurrent sessions will be held - one starting at 2pm, and the next starting at 3pm. Please join us for whichever is most convenient for you. These information sessions usually focus on the MPP +1 program, but will be tailored to fit the interests of the attendees.

Center City Campus:
Two information sessions will be hosted at Temple’s Center City Campus, TUCC, in room 206. On each date, an open house will be held from 5:00 to 5:40pm, with a full presentation of the program to follow at 5:40. These information sessions broadly include all aspects of the MPP program, including our dual-degree offerings.

May Graduates May Graduates

Congratulations to our Most Recent MPP Graduates!

At Temple’s May 9th commencement at Mitten Hall, degrees were conferred upon thirteen new MPP graduates. Twelve of them are pictured here from left to right: Tom Holroyd, Rena Pacheco, Jared Moser, Kyle Purchase, Aaron Bailey, Sarah Mueller, Peter Genao, Amanda Warren, Julie Blust, Jessica Maneely, Jonathan White, and Melissa Piccoli.

These alumni are joined by three MPP Faculty: Joseph McLaughlin and Gary Mucciaroni (far left) and Pat Amberg-Blyskal (center front).

After the ceremony our newest MPP alums and their family members were toasted at a reception. Additionally, two MPP alumni were awarded the MPP Public Service Award – Billy Folinusz and Lexi White. We wish them all the best and look forward to hearing about their future successes!

Alumni Spotlight

May 2018, January 2019 and May 2019 Graduates Take on New Employment Opportunities! Members of our first classes of MPP graduates are landing new jobs in a variety of public service settings. We wish them all great success!

  • Brian Clinton
    Left his position on the staff of Councilwoman Cherelle Parker to become Assistant Chief of Staff in the Mayor’s Office of the City of Philadelphia.
    MPP from Temple in 2018

  • Kyle Purchase
    Appointed staff member to Rep. Martina A. White, Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 170
    MPP from Temple in 2019

  • Sarah DeNault
    Appointed a Senior Analyst with responsibilities for conducting economic, policy, statistical, and program research at Econsult Solutions. She was formerly a Victims Assistant Coordinator worked with the Office of Victim Advocate in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Board of Probation and Parole in the Dept. of Corrections.

  • Dashiel Sears
    Appointed Senior Associate, National League of Cities, Washington, DC
    MPP from Temple in 2018

  • Patrick Kerr
    Formerly an Executive Assistant for the Committee on Sustainability Assessment, is now a project manager with Character Lab, a non- profit organization that uses cutting edge social science and medical research to understand and develop traits in children that contribute to positive outcomes later in life.
    MPP from Temple in 2018

  • Emily Watts
    Formerly Communications Specialist II at McCormick Taylor is taking a post with PennDOT where she will be a Policy Specialist.
    MPP from Temple in 2019

  • Megan Zak
    Formerly a Student Services Coordinator in the College of Liberal Arts at Temple, is now the Assistant Director for the Part-Time MBA Program in the Fox School of Business.
    MPP from Temple in 2018

  • Tom Holroyd
    Appointed Legislative Director, Sen. Maria Collett, Pennsylvania Senate
    MPP from Temple in 2019

Temple University Off Campus Housing

Temple University now has a new off-campus housing service! You can visit the new website to learn about all of the new off campus housing options, locations and see virtual tours of new units!

Graduate Resources

Undergraduate Resources