Temple University Spanish degree and Portuguese course students have a number of resources available to help them along during their college experience. Take a look at our available undergraduate and graduate student resources.
Current Undergraduate Student Resources
Advising: Where Do I Go If I Have Questions About:
- Majors: Patricia Moore-Martínez
- Minors: Patricia Moore-Martínez
- Certificates: Josh Pongan
- Course(s) taken elsewhere: Patricia Moore-Martínez
- Non-major: Josh Pongan
- Placement test scores (retrieve and interpret) Patricia Moore-Martínez
- Study Abroad: Augusto Lorenzino
- Transfer Credit: Patricia Moore-Martínez
- Coordinator of Spanish 1003, 1903, 2001, 2002, 2096, 2901, 2902, and 2903: Marcela Pardes
- Coordinator of Spanish: 1001, 1901, 1002, and 1902: Josh Pongan
- Latin American Studies Semester (LASS): Hiram Aldarondo(Program Director), Patricia Moore-Martinez(Coordinator)
- Sigma Delta Pi: Thomas Morton, Norma Corrales-Martin
- Graduate students: Víctor Pueyo Zoco
- Spanish Graduate Reading Exam: Adam Joseph Shellhorse
- Portuguese Graduate Reading Exam: Adam Joseph Shellhorse
- Portuguese Minor and Brazilian Studies: Adam Joseph Shellhorse
If you are in need of a tutor to help you with your Spanish class, our department has graduate students/TA’s that are willing to meet with you for a fee. Please feel free to contact them with any questions.
AY 2018- 19 Available Spanish Tutors
AY 2018-19 Available Portuguese Tutors
Note: You may also contact the Russell Conwell Learning Center, Suite 202, 1700 N. Broad St., Phila, PA 19122 at (215) 204-1252. They may have undergraduate students that will tutor for free.
Academic Support Services for Spanish and Portuguese
Conversation Partners: This program provides opportunities for Spanish language learners to practice speaking and listening. Meet one-on-one with a Conversation Partner to practice conversation, build vocabulary, review grammar, practice oral presentations, and more.
Open to students in 1000 and 2000-level courses.
Writing Support: The Writing Center provides assistance with college writing assignments for Spanish courses. Meet one-on-one with a tutor to review your drafts; to build vocabulary; and to improve clarity, sentence structure, and grammar in your draft.
Email Liz Ursell with further questions.
Current Graduate Student Resources
- View the Comprehensive Examination Reading Lists for the M.A. and PhD.
- View a list of Doctor of Philosophy dissertations that have been completed between 1973 and the present in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese.
- Have a question about the graduate program in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese? View our FAQs.
- For more information about M.A. and Ph.D. degree requirements, please review the Graduate Handbook.
Anales de la Literatura Española Contemporánea (ISSN: 0272-1635): ALEC publishes scholarly articles studying all aspects of twentieth and twenty-first century Spanish literature (from “modernism” and the so-called generation of 1898). Back archive available in JSTOR. The last three years are only available in print. The journal is part of The Society of Spanish and Spanish-American Studies (SSSAS). SSSAS promotes bibliographical, critical and pedagogical research in Spanish and Spanish-American studies by publishing works of particular merit in these areas. On occasion, The Society also publishes creative works. SSSAS is a non-profit educational organization.
For any correspondence regarding subscriptions and article submissions please contact the editors at email@example.com. Updated information about the journal’s most recent issues may be found at www.sssasalec.com.
- Newsletter Vol. 1, No. 1, September 2015
- Newsletter Vol. 1, No. 2, November 2015
- Newsletter Vol. 1, No. 3, January 2016
- Newsletter Vol. 1, No. 4, March 2016
- Newsletter Vol. 2, No. 1, September 2016
- Newsletter Vol. 2, No. 2, February 2017
- Newsletter Vol. 3, No. 1, September 2017
- Newsletter Vol. 3, No. 2, April 2018
- Newsletter Vol. 4, No. 1, October 2018